Entry deadline for the Eindhoven edition is 4 October (midnight CET).
For each edition of Designers write the following entry guidelines apply:
Ecological collapse, the COVID-19 pandemic, economic inequality, climate migration and all kinds of related forms of social and political injustice are fighting for our attention. Topics that are related the design field in myriad ways. Designers write invites designers to address those topics head-on.
Although authors are completely free in how they address the themes described, we hope to receive entries that offer fundamental critique and have a more or less activist or provocative nature.
The practical entry guidelines are as follows:
- The essay (maximum 800 words) is written in Dutch or English, and is either new or previously published, but not before 1 July 2016. If the essay has been previously published, include the publication date and title of the journal or website.
- The submitter must be (co-)author of the essay.
- The author, or a person designated by the author, is available to read the essay during the event.
- The essay should be submitted as Word file (no PDF or other file types) in a standard font, line spacing 1.15 and font size 11 or thereabouts, with the title of the essay as the file name. Do not add or attach any image(s).
- Send your essay to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More background information about the programme can be found here.